Ten commandments in general :)
First of all, you must know and understand that it is by grace you have been saved. It is not because of your good works, keeping the Law etc. But if you count yourself religious and still rely on the law to be forgiven and saved, then yes, you must study them and understand and keep them.
Secondly, I would like to add that for the word “law” in Hebrew in regard to these 10 commandments correct translation should be “principles.” God gave not only to the Jews but to whole world principles by which if lived then there can be love, joy, peace and other blessings in a person’s life. If not, then people by transgressing these 10 principles afflict their own souls and suffer consequences because of that.
Therefore that is true, that loving God and loving others is the most important to observe. If we always act in love, believe me, we will never transgress any of God's given principles and our consciousness always will be clean.
Thirdly, any command or principle is with much greater emphasis from that how we often see and comprehend them. For example, it is said: “you shall not murder.” We directly imagine murdering a human being. But actually, it is said also: “if you are angry at your brother or sister…” you have broken this one commandment already. You are a murderer in your heart. And again I say to you - it is possible to murder a human being with the word.
Furthermore, it is extremely important to understand that the main reason why the Law was given is, to show people that they are utterly sinful from birth and they are in great need of a Redeemer which is Jesus Christ. Galatians 3:19.
Since we have Redeemer already (to everyone who accepts Him and begins to follow His principles), each and every Law, commandment and decree (altogether 613 presented in the books of Mozes), are fulfilled by Jesus Christ. He did it for you on the Roman cross. Now, as He through the Holy Spirit begins to work in you, you will be made able to love GOD and love others as yourself. That will be by the grace and power which will come on you from God.
You will be able to walk with God and live a holy, godly life.
For those who love God and are loved by God, there are no really Law to follow for the entire Law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbour as yourself" (Galatians 5:14).
The law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17.
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us (Galatians 3:13).
If and still there is any doubt in your heart, see all Commandments (just to understand that not even one person has been able to keep them and will be not, for all people are sinful from birth and are in need of Saviour).
In every way seek the Truth, for Christ is the culmination of the Law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Romans 10:4.
All who do love are from God and God's Principles for godly living automatically are in his/her heart, for God Himself put them in. All people are saved exclusively by faith alone, by grace alone in/ through Christ alone.
Life and godly walking according to God's advice will be what brings peace, joy and happiness. Not the concentration on the so-called 10 commandments.
People who are free from the Law are enabled to live, and serve God from the bottoms of their hearts;
they are able to love and do more than those who follow and try to live according to the Law.
Jesus said - "What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evils come from inside and defile a person." (Mark 7:20-23).
If any of us just for a moment dare to think that we can be good (by doing good things etc..) then that is a lie from Satan who "was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." (John 8:44).
All commandments show us one thing -that we are absolutely hopeless sinners and only by God's own provided way - Jesus Christ, and by His grace, we can have hope.
Without Him, in our hearts and lives, we are lost already for eternity.
"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory (in everything) through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57).
So, all of you who have Jesus Christ in your hearts, - love your God, maintain a daily relationship with Him and love your neighbour.
"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not covet," and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbour as yourself. Love does no harm to a neighbour. Therefore love is the fulfilment of the law." (Romans 13:8-10)
John 13:34; Galatians 5:14; James 2:8; Matthew 7:12.
Not you nor I nor any other human being on this earth has been or will be able to fulfil even one of the smallest commandments. So, trust in God and trust in Jesus; "walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16).
If you hear the doctrine that you must do good works in order earn the way to heaven, run. Run and look not back! There is nothing we can do to earn the way to God our Father as only through His own provided way. That is His Son, Jesus Christ. (John 14:6). Rely on Him in everything! Not only on Sundays but every minute of your life. Live as wise not as unwise and make Him your Master over everything.
Three great doctrines must be studied and understood in regard to the Ten commandments.
First is that the "law was given through Moses.
Second is that the grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." (John 1:17).
The third is that Jesus did not abolish the Law or the Prophets; He fulfilled them. (Matthew 5:17).
This points that we are not under the law anymore but under grace. (Romans 6:14).
Shall we do away with the law? (Romans 3:31).
Not at all. Through the law, we recognize our sin (Romans 7:7; Romans 3:31) and fast run back to our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Now, the just will live by faith! (Hebrews 10:38; Romans 1:17). Believe not in every spirit what teaches you the opposite. (1 John 4:1; 1 Thessalonians 5:20).
All Ten Commandments are fulfilled by Jesus Christ. If we have not accepted Him as the only way to the heavenly Father then we must keep all law. Yet no one has been able to do that.
Jesus said that if we are angry at our brother or sister then it is equal to murder. (Matthew 21:22).
"Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him." (1 John 3:15).
Keep Jesus in front of your eyes constantly and you will do good.
All of you who do not yet have Jesus, listen to His own Words. He is inviting you to come to Him right now -
Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Let anyone who is thirsty come to Me and drink.
Turn to Me, He says, and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I AM God, and there is no other. Matthew 11:28; John 7:37 Isaiah 45:22.
"Finally, all of you who trust in God the Father and in His Son Jesus Messiah, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?" (1 Peter 3:8-13).
How can we do any good when our intentions and thoughts are so evil at a times!?
How can we love God when we so often do not see that somebody is in need?
How can we lie not when sometimes it is just happening by itself or as we might think it is with good intention?
How can we covet not when around us so many nice things and we want so much?
How can we live and steal not when we so often go ahead stealing the praises which could be given to God alone; or by taking paper sheet at workplace etc.
And don't we think that we murder not when maybe somebody's soul is injured just by an innocent joke from us, may we have killed by our harsh words?
How can we keep any of the Law given by God through Mozes?
Only by the help of God our Father through Jesus Christ our Saviour by His Good Holy Spirit which abides in us and strengthens us, encourages, teaches and leads. (1 Corinthians 6:19).
Now all praise and glory to God for: "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:1-2).
"Now, our God, we give You thanks and praise Your glorious Name. We thank You Father for Your indescribable gift to us!" In Jesus name. Amen.
(1 Chronicles 29:13; 2 Corinthians 9:15; Romans 7:25).
Anyway here is the good, holy and perfect Law/ Principles:
The 10 Commandments in general. Summarized List in Short Form.
1. I am your God! You shall have no other gods before Me. Exodus 20:1-3; Deuteronomy 5:6-7.
2. You shall not make idols. Exodus 20:4-6; Deuteronomy 5:8:10.
3. You shall not take the Name of the LORD your God in vain. Exodus 20:7; Deuteronomy 5:11.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8-11; Deuteronomy 5:12-15.
5. Honor your father and your mother. Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 5:-16.
6. You shall not murder. Exodus:20-13; Deuteronomy 5:17.
7. You shall not commit adultery. Exodus 20:14; Deuteronomy 5:18.
8. You shall not steal. Exodus 20:15; Deuteronomy 5:19.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour. Exodus 20:16; Deuteronomy 5:20.
10. You shall not covet. Exodus 20:17; Deuteronomy 5:21.
The 10 Commandments List in Exodus 20:2-17.
And God spoke all these words:
2. "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
3. "You shall have no other gods before me.
4. "You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
5. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
6. but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7. "You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
8. "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
9. Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
10. but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns.
11. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
12. "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
13. "You shall not murder.
14. "You shall not commit adultery.
15. "You shall not steal.
16. "You shall not give false testimony against your neighbour.
17. "You shall not covet your neighbour's house. You shall not covet your neighbour's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour."
The 10 Commandments List in Deuteronomy 5:6-21.
6. "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
7. "You shall have no other gods before me.
8. "You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
9. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
10. but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
11. "You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
12. "Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you.
13. Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
14. but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do.
15. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.
16. "Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
17. "You shall not murder.
18. "You shall not commit adultery.
19. "You shall not steal.
20. "You shall not give false testimony against your neighbour.
21. "You shall not covet your neighbour's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbour's house or land, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour."
Glory to God!!!