Some Bible verses
In times of affliction THANK GOD AND PRAISE HIM.
Seems strange, but in any time of any trial seek God, thank Him and praise Him. Praise Him and thank for all what He already has done. Praising Him is the most sure and fastest way to get out of troubles. Although it is not bad or wrong to ask Him questions - why...- nonetheless, it is good to know and understand that He is God and His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8). We often understand not why bad things happen to us, and there are many questions which (you can be very sure) will be answered only when we meet with Him in heaven.
So, for now in times of depression, sickness or what ever discomfort there may be, praise God because He alone is worth of it and He alone will lead you out of it (Psalm 96:4,18:3,48:1; 2 Samuel 22:4). He is with you all the time, even you do not feel it.
Praise Him with the Words of His own. Read His Words in front of Him every moment when you can and have time, and remind Him of His promises to heal you, and deliver from the waterless pit. Praising Him your depression will disappear and heart will begin to rejoice. What was impossible for you will become possible. Praise Him and you will see the light in darkness; you will leap for joy. Pray with the praises on your lips and see His deliverance. He promised to restore (Joel 2:25) His people (Leviticus 26:12; Jeremiah 7:23; Joel 2:27; 2 Corinthians 6:16; John 14:23) back to life and give them (you) even seven times more what was lost.
• "Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in deep anguish. How long, LORD, how long? Turn, LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love" (Psalm 6:2-4).
• "I will exalt You, LORD, for You lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. LORD my God, I called to You for help, and You healed me. You, LORD, brought me up from the realm of the dead; You spared me from going down to the pit" (Psalm 30:1-3).
• "The LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness" (Psalm 41:3).
• "Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all His benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's" (Psalm 103:1-5).
• "LORD my God, I called to You for help, and You healed me. You, LORD, brought me up from the realm of the dead; You spared me from going down to the pit (Psalm 30:2-3).
• "LORD, see how my enemies (sickness) persecute me! Have mercy and lift me up from the gates of death, that I may declare Your praises in the gates of Daughter Zion, and there rejoice in Your salvation" (Psalm 9:13-14).
• "Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for You are the one I praise" (Jeremiah 17:14).
• "Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress. He sent out His word and healed them; He rescued them from the grave (Psalm 107:19).
• "God has delivered me from going down to the pit, and I shall live to enjoy the light of life"( Job 33:28).
• "To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you, LORD my God, brought my life up from the pit"( Jonah 2:6).
• "I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because You will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will You let your faithful one see decay. You make known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand (Psalm 16:8-11).
Although this Psalm is to be applied to Jesus the Son of God we may ask our heavenly Father with all assurance for protection and deliverance. If we set our eyes on Him than we are more as sure that He will be true to His Word. Keep Jesus in front of you, and in your heart, and He will put a new song of praise in your mouth.
• "But for you who revere My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves.(Malachi 4:2).
• "Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security" (Jeremiah 33:6).
• "The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the LORD binds up the bruises of His people and heals the wounds He inflicted" (Isaiah 30:26).
• "Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard" (Isaiah 58:8).
• "The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have You come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed"( Matthew 8:8).
• "When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to Him, and He drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases (Matthew 8:16-17).
• "Surely He took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered Him punished by God, stricken by Him, and afflicted" (Isaiah 53:4).
• "At sunset, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying His hands on each one, He healed them" (Luke 4:40).
• "He pleaded earnestly with Him (Jesus), "My little daughter is dying. Please come and put Your hands on her so that she will be healed and live" (Mark 5:23).
• "He could not do any miracles there, except lay His hands on a few sick people and heal them. He was amazed (wondered) at their lack of faith. Then Jesus went around teaching from village to village" (Mark 6:5-6).
Dear child of god! Praise the only One who can rescue you and satisfy you with all good things.
• "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:7).
• "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8).
• "no matter how many promises God has made (in the OT and in the NT), they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through Him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God" (2 Corinthians 1:20).
• "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to tread on the heights." (Habakkuk 3:17-19).
• "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7).
• "Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge" (Psalm 62:8).
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones"